ALAA Postgraduate Travel Scholarships
The scholarship is not offered in 2020 due to the cancelation of the 2020 ALAA conference due to COVID-19.
Five ALAA Postgraduate Travel Scholarships of up to $800(*) each are available each year for the ALAA members. The scholarships can be used towards conference registration, travel and/or accommodation. They will be awarded as a reimbursement for documented expenses after the conference.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- hold a current ALAA membership for at least six months at the time of application;
- be enrolled as a full time higher degree research student or
- not have been awarded a research degree (Masters or PhD) before 30th June of the current year
- not be in full-time employment at the time of the conference
- have a presentation accepted for the current ALANZ/ALAA/ALTAANZ conference.
- not have been a recipient of an ALAA postgraduate travel scholarship previously.
To be considered, applications must include:
- a completed online scholarship application form
- a one-page summary of your research project, addressing the following aspects:
- aims, context, rationale, & methodology of the project
- the project’s potential contribution to/significance for our understanding of issues related to the field of applied linguistics
- innovation and potential impact
- a copy of the abstract accepted for presentation at the current annual ALAA conference
- your CV
- a letter of support from an academic commenting on the quality of your research
All applications should be submitted online. Preference will be given to doctoral candidates, but research students at Honours and Masters levels are also encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be notified by in due course. For further information, please email Dr Elke Stracke (Secretary, ALAA) at email@example.com
*. The amount awarded will relate to the travel costs involved in attending the conference.