ALAA Postgraduate Conference Scholarships
The 2022 ALAA Postgraduate Conference Scholarships grantees have now been announced. They are:
- Boya Zhang from University of Queensland for 'A case study of collaborative writing for L2 English learners'
- Burhanudin Syaifulloh from University of Canberra for 'EFL Lecturers’ Concerns regarding the Implementation of the Higher Education Curriculum (HEC) in Indonesia'
- Putri Gayatri from University of Newcastle for 'Blended Learning Model for English as Foreign Language (EFL) Teaching in Indonesian Higher Education'
Three ALAA Postgraduate Conference Scholarships of up to $800(*) each are available each year for the ALAA members. The scholarships can be used towards conference registration, travel and/or accommodation. They will be awarded as a reimbursement for documented expenses after the conference.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- hold a current ALAA membership for at least six months at the time of application;
- be enrolled as a full time higher degree research student or
- not have been awarded a research degree (Masters or PhD) before 30th June of the current year
- not be in full-time employment at the time of the conference
- have a presentation accepted for the current ALANZ/ALAA/ALTAANZ conference.
- not have been a recipient of an ALAA postgraduate travel scholarship previously.
To be considered, applications must include:
- a completed online scholarship application form
- a one-page summary of your research project, addressing the following aspects:
- aims, context, rationale, & methodology of the project
- the project’s potential contribution to/significance for our understanding of issues related to the field of applied linguistics
- innovation and potential impact
- a copy of the abstract accepted for presentation at the current annual ALAA conference
- your CV
- a letter of support from an academic commenting on the quality of your research
All applications should be submitted online. Preference will be given to doctoral candidates, but research students at Honours and Masters levels are also encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be notified by in due course. For further information, please email Dr Carly Steele (Secretary, ALAA) at firstname.lastname@example.org
*. The amount awarded will relate to the travel costs involved in attending the conference.